The Franklin Bulls are seeking a Head Coach for the 2020 Sal's NBL season.
The link to apply is at the bottom of the job description.
Position Description: Head Coach
Reports To: General Manager
The Head Coach is responsible for all coaching functions associated with the Bulls Basketball programme in accordance with the budget, policies and procedures of Bulls Basketball Inc (Bulls).
The Head Coach in consultation with the Bulls operational team assists in the planning, scheduling, implementation and evaluation of the Bulls programme. Upon request, the Head Coach provides input into the general direction and philosophy of the Bulls programme.
The Head Coach works in conjunction with the team Manager, Assistant Coaches, Strength and Conditioning and Medical / Health team professionals, with respect to the ongoing identification, development, training and monitoring of their Bulls squad and athletes.
Administration and Planning
• In consultation with the Bulls Operational Team, provide input into the planning, scheduling, implementation and evaluation of the team programme (based on term of appointment).
• Attend all Team related events and functions.
• Lead the team programme when in season and manage staff and athletes while in season.
• Maintain effective and regular communication with the Bulls operational team and members of the On Court Team with respect to the planning and operation of the team programme.
• Establish and maintain communication with the athletes regarding their individual availability and physical preparation for the programme.
• Provide input into the development of athlete health and wellness plans for the Bulls team.
• Provide in-depth analysis of individual players’ performance
Developing a Culture
• Develop and lead a professional culture within the Team
• Act as an ambassador for Bulls Basketball and Franklin Basketball, conduct oneself in a professional manner and demand appropriate behavior and appearance for members of the team.
• Evaluate and monitor the progress of the athletes throughout the programme and at the conclusion of programme activities provide the athletes with an overview of their areas of strength and areas for improvement.
• Be available, if requested, to represent Bulls and Franklin Basketball at corporate initiatives to speak on behalf of the Bulls programme (tournaments, camps, clinics, etc.)
• To ensure the club and team values are upheld.
On Court Team Personnel
• Participate in the selection of the Assistant Coaches for the Bulls programme. (subject to time of appointment)
• In consultation with the General Manager, conduct annual evaluations on Bulls On Court Team Personnel and provide feedback to the respective individuals at the conclusion of each year.
• Direct, and supervise all Bulls On Court Team Personnel
• In consultation with the Bulls Operational Team and Assistant Coaches, lead the identification and selection of athletes for the Team programme.
• Identify athlete strengths and weaknesses and assist in the preparation of a holistic training programme that will accelerate the athletes’ development
• Evaluate and monitor the progress of the athletes throughout the season.
• In conjunction with the Assistant Coaches, develop and maintain a comprehensive depth chart of all athletes who have the potential to participate in the Bulls programme.
• Maintain ongoing communication with all athletes during and out-of-season, and advise the Bulls management in a timely manner of any problems an athlete might be experiencing
• In conjunction with the General Manager, Assistant Coaches and the On Court support team, prepare an annual plan for the team.
• Perform all coaching duties of the Bulls programme, including but not limited to:
• Planning and Scheduling
• Athlete selection and communication
• Tactical and technical preparation
• Practice planning and preparation
• Game preparation, management and evaluation
• Scouting for Import Players
• Media interviews
• Prepare individual evaluations for each athlete, highlighting the athletes’ strengths and areas for improvements.
• Submit a programme evaluation to the Bulls office within 30 days of the conclusion of each year’s programme.
• Attend basketball events for the purpose of promoting Bulls, athlete identification,, networking, communicating regarding Bulls and Franklin Basketball initiatives.
• Participate in coaches’ and/or players’ clinics on behalf of Bulls.
TO APPLY - Click HERE